Job no: 995877
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus - Melbourne
Categories: Production / Operations
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Warehouse Manager for the Mechanical/Electrical/Fire and ITS (ME&I) package, you will provide a strategic direction to develop a warehousing plan and the implement the appropriate inventory software and management systems. You will also be required to review the anticipated material flow in and out over the project duration and develop a warehouse layout and management system. The ME&I package includes all lighting and traffic management assets on the open roads coupled with the fire and life safety systems within the tunnels. As such we will see thousands of discreet items passing through our warehousing system.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Managing material movements involving large pieces of capital equipment (pumps, fans switchboards etc) through to discrete components cameras, traffic signs etc
- Ensure accurate inventory of site inventory materials.
- Mentor and train storemen personnel on site.
- Direct and review work plan for assigned staff.
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage.
- Ensure that staff comply to health, safety and environmental guidelines and work safely to protect themselves and others
- Identify and implement improvements to processes
- Produce reports and statistics regularly
- Complying with all policies and procedures
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or industrial engineering and or suitable industry experience
- Must have a White Card (Construction Induction)
- Previous experience with a large multi item warehousing and distribution organisation
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend