About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
• Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
• Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
• Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
• Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
• Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
• Embedding flexible work practices
• Providing development opportunities for our women
• Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
• Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Community and Stakeholder Relations Officer, you will manage and provide advice to the Project on communications, community relations and stakeholder relations.
In addition to the above the key responsibilities of this role are:
• High level of communication skills required
• Able to work with Community Relations
• Problem solving skills required and some experience in resolving complaints and enquires
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
• Previous Communication or Stakeholder experience not essential.
• Happy to work long hours for a great career change
• Can be new to the market and wanting to step into a communications role
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.