Job no: 994871
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus - VIC - Regional
Categories: Engineering - Other
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Site Engineer, you will be assist with the delivery of allocated work packages.
Additional responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Contribute to the production of Smoke Ducts, Road Decks and Bridge Planks.
- Help deliver work progress and completion under set project targetts
- Working closely with other functions (planning, procurement etc.)
- Producing accurate and timely project reports
- Driving a safety culture through effective supervision and implementation of standards, training and procedures
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Must have concrete experience and preferably pre-stress experience in precast.
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in successfully delivering large work packages
- Proven experience in managing site engineers on large-scale civil construction projects
- Ideally, previous experience working for a Tier 1 contractor on a rail construction project
- Experience in delivering Australian civil projects
- Ability to effectively manage budgets, systems and stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome
- Excellent attitude and awareness of safety
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend