Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager - West
Job no: 994739
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus - Melbourne
Categories: Communications / Community Relations
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunneling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
Your new position:
As the Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager you will manage and provide advice to the Project on communications, community relations and stakeholder relations. Work according to the communications program and stakeholder management plan which provides project support by projecting a strong and positive image of the Project to the community and key stakeholders.
Further to the above your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensure staff are working according to the Communications, Stakeholder Relations and Community Relations strategy for the project
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate construction impacts and to effectively respond to feedback and concerns.
- Identify and manage issues and risks pertaining to the project, and escalate issues and risks to the Communications and Stakeholder Director
- Manage responses to all project related communications matters.
- Attend stakeholder meetings as required, including Community Reference Groups (CRG).
- Liaise with the construction team to ensure community and stakeholders are notified in advance of works in accordance with the Community Relations strategy.
- Plan and manage contact with external stakeholders in a way that enhances the reputation of the project, CPBJH JV and organisation partners.
- Develop and communicate community and stakeholder awareness and risk mitigation programs across the Project through inductions and toolbox presentations
- Effectively lead and manage the communications and stakeholder team.
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Tertiary Degree (Bachelor level) or certificate or relevant experience (Disciplines relevant to function area, e.g. public relations, journalism, stakeholder management, marketing)
- Extensive experience in communications & stakeholder management for major infrastructure projects
- Relevant experience gained within major organisations - relevant sector, government or consultancy
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend