SHE Governance and Compliance Advisor
Job no: 994680
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus - Melbourne
Categories: Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in 2018.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As an experienced SHE Governance and Compliance Advisor with a background in civil construction, you will ensure project wide governance and compliance requirements are adequately planned, initiated and completed in accordance with the project safety / environmental management system and applicable contractual requirements
Other key responsibilities of this role include:
- Facilitate and track the internal auditing and assurance programs across the project and regularly report to the project leadership team with appropriate risk and opportunities metrics of project SHE performance.
- Coordinate and facilitate all SHE Internal, Third Party and Client audits commits under the management system and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate internal audit program focussing on critical risks & the CPB Safety Essentials.
- Coordinate and report on Project Wide Assurance and Monitoring activities .
- Schedule, track and report on the Project Safety Health Activity Schedule and other project HSE deliverables.
- Lead field-based training and competency sampling audits and liaise with training teams to ensure compliance to Project Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Liaise with project procurement teams to ensure the front-end procurement processes including prequalification’s, subcontractor selection and onboarding are completed in accordance with the management system.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Diploma in Health and Safety (or higher)
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management (or equivalent)
- Diploma in Quality Auditing (or equivalent)
- Frontline Leadership Qualification or Exposure
- Experience in Microsoft Project or similar
- Rail industry exposure (desirable)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Experience in a similar role with strong proven accuracy in field safety and auditing / compliance experience in a similar industry environment.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend